Directionally Correct

Directionally Correct is corporate-speak for something that's totally NOT right, but headed in the right direction. -- Huh.

понедельник, апреля 04, 2005

Alphabet soup

This definitely falls into that blogging category of stupid stuff going on in my day stream of consciousness.

Tressa has this toy. I just spent about 5 minutes looking at it and now I’m spending even more time writing about it. What a waste.
But here’s the deal – it bugs me.
It’s a puzzle with the letters of the alphabet on a board. There are 4 colors. Here’s the part that kills me. The colors are random.
They are not a repeating pattern. They are not all vowels are one color, etc. They are not colored so that where they fall on the board makes a design or a pattern.
Pure random.
That’s why I spent 5 minutes just looking at them. The toy has bugged me since we got it, and just now I decided I’m going to figure it out. I will know why the colors are in their particular order.

There isn’t one.
I’m pissed.

Here you go:
BGYRBGYGYRBGYRYRGYRBRGYRBG
BLUE: A,E,K,T,Y
GREEN: B,F,H,L Q,V Z
YELLOW: C, G, I, M, O, R, W
RED: D, J, N, P, S, U, X

Wow – am I a good procrastinator, or what?