Directionally Correct

Directionally Correct is corporate-speak for something that's totally NOT right, but headed in the right direction. -- Huh.

пятница, мая 20, 2005

Friday Poetry V

Eliora...

I lift you up to the sky.
You are halo-ed by the bright sunlight.
Clouds drift in the background on a canvas of bright blue.

I lift you out of the sling.
I stretch and twist so your tiny feet clear the fabric where
you were nestled.
Somedays, as I lift, your face shows just-waking befuddlement,
Somedays intense rapture or maybe calm observation.

I lift you up.
Lift you away from close warmth
Away from my heatbeat.
Away from our easy companionship :
My every move is shaped by you and
You adjust to each motion.

I'd rather keep you here.
But, life goes on.
Time marches and skitters and jumps on.
So, I lift you up to the sky.

I see the silhouette of your perfect body
Head to toe.
I see the morning sky frame your face.
Clouds drift in the background.
I hold you close for one more moment.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Анонимный said…

    beautiful.

    -- chris

     

Отправить комментарий

<< Home