Directionally Correct

Directionally Correct is corporate-speak for something that's totally NOT right, but headed in the right direction. -- Huh.

пятница, мая 27, 2005

Promotion

Is it weird that I am SO proud of my daughter's promotion?
....in Sunday School nursery class?

Eliora's been "held back" in the tiny baby room. They say the criteria for moving to the next room is seven months old and can sit up unaided.
She is, she can. She has been (both) for a while.
But, she was held back.
The official, perfectly reasonable, explanation was that the next room had too many babies, and some had to stay behind in the tiny baby room.
There was a "glut" of sitter-uppers.

That explanation is perfectly reasonable, but something told me that the real reason she couldn't move was that she cries in her Sunday School room.
Not a little cry. Not a momentary passing "wah". Not the, "my Mom is leaving but I'll be okay as soon as she's out of sight" cry of most in her age bracket.
Nope, Eliora's cry is often a screaming wail from the moment I hand her over until the moment I come back. I get her after the service, and almost always one of the workers has had to take her out to walk and pat.
They tell me its not that bad, but it is. I've seen it and heard it -lurking around the corner, trying not to make it worse. I've kept her home many times thinking, "None of us (Eliora, me, or nusery volunteer) wants to live through that today".

Today we got the card that says Eliora can move up.
Coincidentally, last Sunday she managed the whole morning in the nursery without dramatic separation anxiety.

I think I'll wear a cap and gown to church.