Directionally Correct

Directionally Correct is corporate-speak for something that's totally NOT right, but headed in the right direction. -- Huh.

воскресенье, июня 26, 2005

Tressa & Eliora

We're travelling and I didn't bring my journals that I'm keeping for the girls.
So, I want to note some things that I can write out for them later.

This weekend was Tressa's Uncle Nathin's wedding.
We talked about it for a few days before we came. We're going to a wedding, Nathin will be the groom. He's marrying Julie - she'll be the bride....This is her first wedding, so I wanted her to have a mental picture of what would happen.
At night when Tressa asked, "Tell me a new part of God!" (ie, tell me a new story), I told her the story of Jesus going to the wedding at Cana. Jesus went to the wedding, and they ran out of wine, and Jesus made some more....

We bought her a new dress for the wedding. As she put it on before the wedding, she said, "Mama, I'm wearing my wedding dress!" With her voice full of delight and joy, full of possibility of what a wedding would be like. -- Mental flash forward to twenty or so years down the road, when she's wearing her white wedding dress. *Gulp.*
Precious is way too overused a word. But, Tressa is precious. Not in the precious moments sense, but in the priceless, unique jewel sense.

Eliora has turned a corner. She has spent this whole weekend being held by someone other than me. Sometimes its Mimi and Papa, often its total strangers. --- And, she's loved it. She's really eating it up. I'm so glad. She may not end up a misanthrope after all.
Also, even though she's on ear infection number four, and has in all likelihood been in intermittent pain since April, she's a total joy. Even with an infection and no nap yesterday, she made it through the wedding and the reception and the dancing afterwards. In fact, she LOVED the dancing and the music. She'd wiggle and "dance" when people were holding her and when I danced with her in my arms she bobbed her head and patted on me in time to the music. Her smile lights up the room, and my heart.
(Then screamed for the 30 minute drive home, but we'd pushed it way over the line.)