Directionally Correct

Directionally Correct is corporate-speak for something that's totally NOT right, but headed in the right direction. -- Huh.

четверг, июля 21, 2005

Big layoffs coming in my work-world.
Primarily US, primarily Operations *gulp* -- that would be me.
But, specifically Finance, HR, IT -- that's not exactly me.
I realized the other day that in this climate I listen more critically when I'm talking with a new work contact. Then I think, "You're expendable. You don't really know what you're talking about." I evaluate the person with a barrage of unasked questions:
"Are you more useful than me? Are you more visible to management? Have you been here longer? Are you more useful to the company?" And,of course, "Do you have a blog?"

Its Corporate Lord of the Flies.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Анонимный said…

    un, 'scuse me...where's Friday poetry? i can't sleep til it's posted...

     

Отправить комментарий

<< Home