Directionally Correct

Directionally Correct is corporate-speak for something that's totally NOT right, but headed in the right direction. -- Huh.

четверг, июля 28, 2005

Friday Poetry 14th - This Week's

Weaning Soon...

Quiet morning.
Eliora’s up too early
I still have work to do, Monday morning deadlines to meet…
Nursing her, working on the laptop at the same time.
---Stop---
These moments won’t last forever.
In fact, the countdown is coming. I’ll finish nursing in a month and a half.
Stop.
Look.
Touch her sweet head.
Caress her hair. Look into her eye, watching me.
Feel the warmth of her body, the coolness of her legs and hands.
Sweet baby.
Deadlines will wait.


Weaning Soon...Part II

Caressing a tow head
As I hold her in my arms.
Stroke her cool cheek.
Pray healing for her ears.
Protection for her hearing.
Pray that she can hear God.
Tiny hand runs along my arm.
Grasping. Tiny fingers pinching.
Exploring my hand - fingers, knuckles, palm.
Legs lay relaxed on my lap.
Stay in the moment.
This moment.
Remember.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Анонимный said…

    Beautiful, Laura. I nursed Shaun for the last time early, early Tuesday morning. The funny thing is I didn't know it was going to be the last time. The next morning, she woke up later than usual and I experimented by getting her up and giving her a milk cup. It's been that way for three days. I don't mind it being over, really, but I do wish I had known Tuesday would be the last. I would have tried to commit every detail to memory.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger mrjoshua said…

    sad....beautiful....the taste of the vinegar with the wine....thanks for writing laura.

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Анонимный said…

    Sweet times...

     

Отправить комментарий

<< Home