Directionally Correct

Directionally Correct is corporate-speak for something that's totally NOT right, but headed in the right direction. -- Huh.

пятница, октября 28, 2005

Russian-y

I'm feeling very Russian-esque these last few days.

I woke up thinking about Russia. I read an article in Pravda, and understood about 3/4 of it. Did you know they are about to bury Lenin (or maybe just did) in a "Christian" burial? -- And, did you know that some American offered to buy Lenin's shrunken little body?

Then, last night I made schi. Totally good Russian soup, like borscht without the beets. It turned out really good. Let me know if you want the recipe. But, if you ever did that crazy cabbage soup diet, this will probably give you unwelcome flashbacks.

Every now and then I'll get a longing for Russia. I learned a lot there, about Russia, history, the world, and about me. Plus, at the time I went, Americans were kind of like movie stars, and you just don't get that everyday.

Chris and I are may be going there next summer.

This concludes the Russian interlude, now back to our regularly scheduled program.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger KC said…

    It's almost cool here in Houston town. I'm feeling the need for some soup and may even go beyond using a can. Recipe, please???

     

Отправить комментарий

<< Home