Directionally Correct

Directionally Correct is corporate-speak for something that's totally NOT right, but headed in the right direction. -- Huh.

среда, ноября 30, 2005

Meeting God - everyday

Here's what I'm finding as I do my "intentional time with God" everyday. (I will go to ANY lengths to avoid the words 'Quiet Time'.)

The first day was wonderful. I was so proud of myself. I felt so energized and spiritual. I learned and heard many things that I considered posting on the web. - I didn't post because I wanted to make sure that I didn't do this in order to post on my blog.

So, anyway, the 2nd day I was tired. And I didn't "hear" anything or learn anything new about myself or the world. All I focused on was my lack of focus and clarity.

This morning, the 3rd day, I overslept. Still had a shortened time. Very utilitarian. Good things to chew on during the day, no fireworks.

Reminds me that any discipline is a discipline. You choose to do it each day. Not because of a reward you can recognize or feel, but because you are becoming disciplined and its essential (not necessarily fun).

I've also seen how quickly I want to quit something new that I take on. If I can't see the rewards or enjoy good feelings about it, I'm ready to throw in the towel. (Wow. Ugly.)

I like this. I mean I hate it. I mean I like it.
Thank you, God.