Directionally Correct

Directionally Correct is corporate-speak for something that's totally NOT right, but headed in the right direction. -- Huh.

четверг, декабря 01, 2005

Advent Season

God, send forth your light and your truth. I wait for you this Advent. I'm waiting for the Savior.


Things aren't the way that I think they should be.

A friend who loves God and pastors and shepherds faithfully is in a situation that is going to feel desparate very quickly.
Another friend, a pastor from years ago is struggling to keep his head above the waters of depression and psychosis. His wife and children love and pray and wait.
And yet another friend, one who only recently believes Jesus, is faced with how to love her husband and friends with a new heart. Seems they prefer that she had the old, dying one. But she prays and perseveres.

I want to take up the banner of my brand of American Christianity. I want to tell God (and I have) that those who serve Him deserve to be safe. They deserve to have a minimum level of physical comfort, and they deserve at the very least to keep their sanity and personality.
Don't they?

Jesus never said that. He promised it'd be hard and He would be our peace. He said that He is our Light, our Way and our Door. He is our bread to eat.

God - today, I pray that you will give the kindgom to those that are poor in Spirit. I pray that You will comfort those who mourn. I pray that you will bequeath to the meek the whole earth.
Satisfy those who are hungry and thirsty for You. Show mercy; allow the pure to see you; and speak clearly to Your children.

Those are things that Jesus DID say. I pray my friends will know it today.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger KC said…

    Thanks for saying the words that I often feel but can't manage to string together. Sometimes I wonder if what we need is not simply for the situation to change but for our eyes to change how we see it . . . if that's what God had in mind. But then I think about how hard that really is and just simply want simplicity. Anyway, thanks.

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Анонимный said…

    Thanks for this. I love it and feel loved by it.

     

Отправить комментарий

<< Home