Directionally Correct

Directionally Correct is corporate-speak for something that's totally NOT right, but headed in the right direction. -- Huh.

вторник, января 31, 2006

Games with God

I read something recently that seems silly, but is totally what I've been drinking from spiritually lately.
Cowpi wrote about MarcoPolo. Yep, the swimming hide and seek game. The entry was just a note - but it got me thinking. The gist is - when you call out "Marco", God is always answering "Polo!"

I think everyone has their own default set of fears about God. What they think about God's nature when they aren't thinking. Or, what they believe about God when they are stressed or in distress. Some people think that God is be angry at them. Some fear that he will hurt them. Some believe that he is spending all his time with other people.
My default fear, the one that surfaces in me unasked, is that God is not going to answer. I easily believe that he's gone away, or he is near but, perversely, choosing to withhold his presence.
So, I play MarcoPolo - because there is only one response to "Marco!"
Sometimes the "Polo!" is a whisper. Sometimes it is deafening - a surrounding roar. But it is always there.


"Marco!"

2 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger KC said…

    I know what you mean.

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Coach Jacqui said…

    Laura,
    Hey to you and Chris! Sure miss my intellectual friends. Hope you are well. feel free to check out my blog too, no nonsense schmac.

    you can email me too:
    emailjacquisoon@yahoo.com

     

Отправить комментарий

<< Home