Directionally Correct

Directionally Correct is corporate-speak for something that's totally NOT right, but headed in the right direction. -- Huh.

пятница, февраля 03, 2006

Friday poetry

What I Want for My Girls.

Can it be a poem?
Rather an epic, unending List:
Qualities
Ambitions
Destinations
Mannerisms
Characteristics
Preferences.

Hardly fair.
Do mothers have to be fair?
Yes.
For the sake of future love, future dinners
future phone conversations with a grown child.

What I want for my girls*:
Love God, learn God's ways. Learn God's heart.
Stand tall.
Be you.

*Reserving the right to amend.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Анонимный said…

    Thank you Jesus! (and La-La) for the return of Friday poetry!

    Now, do you think it would be too much to ask for a picture of the children protesting pin the tail on the donkey?

    Love you!

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Sadly, there were no pictures of the pin-the-tail incident.
    We do have video, but no still footage.

    Try it at Shaun's 3rd, and you'll get your own live reenactment of how much 3 year olds DON'T like pin the tail on the donkey.

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Fen said…

    I'm glad Friday poetry is back, too. You are good with words and I enjoy your pictures. I also enjoy getting to see glimpses of your heart.

    I read your admonition on my blog and have now posted again. :0 Thanks for checking in on me.

    Love ya.

     

Отправить комментарий

<< Home