Directionally Correct

Directionally Correct is corporate-speak for something that's totally NOT right, but headed in the right direction. -- Huh.

пятница, мая 12, 2006

Friday Poetry - au courant...

Yellow at 18 months

Taking a shower, preparing to go out.
Date night.
Late afternoon sunlight falls from the open
window and filters through my yellow striped shower curtain.

The door bangs.
Someone is in the room;
A giggle, throaty chuckle answers my greeting.
I hear a tinkling melody -
the song of the pale yellow toy teapot.
The curtain pulls back,
A small hand stretches in holding out
an offering.
"Wan tea?"

She holds a plastic Easter leftover,
half an egg upturned in her hand.
The imaginary tea from that yellow cup is
the most refreshing drink I've had all day.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Анонимный said…

    Laura....I love reading these. Makes me feel like I know your girls. Don't know why I never thought to leave a comment before....but I do check this from time to time. I looked at your apartment photos on sojourner. Love it!!!!! Jennifer

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Is this Jenn Mo - the Jennifer with whom I've had two almost conversations lately? I'd love to talk soon. I keep planning to find a time when we can talk on a landline and actually finish a sentence! Love you. Talk soon.

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Анонимный said…

    Yep...Jenn Mo. I keep planning to find time to call you back too. I haven't forgotten you. Jenn

     

Отправить комментарий

<< Home