Directionally Correct

Directionally Correct is corporate-speak for something that's totally NOT right, but headed in the right direction. -- Huh.

пятница, августа 04, 2006

Note to self:

If you think
you look
really cute in your snazzy new hat,
[Pink, purchased because its a necessity in the heat.]
And you are feeling
generally pretty good
about yoga and toning muscles...

When you're walking down the sidewalk
And want confirmation -
A visual image of just how sharp you look -

Don't
Look

In the window of a compact car as you walk by.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Анонимный said…

    Oh, man...I can so relate!

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger awareness said…

    Hi there.

    Thank you for dropping by and reading my blog post today. I read some of your recent posts....and you know what? I got all "drippy" too reading your piece about your bedtime songs and rituals.

    I could totally relate......Henri Nouwen (yes I saw that you've included him on your book list/profile) writes that in order to truly feel God's presence, one must return to the essence of childhood, where you are more open to receiving God's love. I think this happens often at bedtime when we are tucking our kids to bed.

    Enjoy your day.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Fen said…

    Just checking back in. Haven't done that in a while. Your blog is so true. We have to allow ourselves to feel pretty rather than let a mirror or reflection dictate a judgment. SO HARD! Love you.

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger Stu said…

    Haha... I like this one. I can relate too.

    In case you're wondering, I think I got to your blog by googling something random like "broken poetry"... so there you go!

    Cheers,
    Stu

     

Отправить комментарий

<< Home